Shiwa-jo ancient park

Shiwa-Jo Kodai Koen (志波城古代公園) is a historic park restored by the result of an excavation research of the ancient Jousaku (outpost or fortress). Built by Sakanoue Tamuramaro (坂上田村麻呂) who received orders from Emperor Kammu about 1200 years ago. Today, Seicho-Nanmon (South-gate) and Tsuiji-bei (outer walls) have been restored. The frontage and the height of the castle is the second largest in scale to Sujaku-Mon (朱雀門) at the ruin of Heijo-Kyu Palace (平城宮).

Add to project